Friday, July 18, 2014

Friday Five-O #21 {Christmas in July}

Good Morning, Friends and Family!
I hope this finds you doing well!
As for me, I'm exhausted as usual
and BEYOND ready for the weekend!

C'mon and tell you all about my week on today's

It has been VERY exciting around the YMCA lately!
Last week was Princess Camp Week
and Friday was Princess Tea Party day
complete with a Very Special Surprise Guest :).

See anyone you recognize? :)

Sunday brought my turn to work in the 2-3 year old class.
It's always an adventure in that class
because you never know what's going to happen.
This time I was working with a different team than I usually do
and I really didn't have much input in the day's activities
(which was just fine with me...
I have enough responsibility at work...
it's nice to be able to sit back and let someone else take over for a change!).
Well, the fun didn't stop during this particular class!
We had giant balloons, we went on a walk around the church grounds,
we played with rice, and decorated pictures with tissue paper! :)
Oh the FUN, FUN, FUN! :)

Monday started a new weekly theme for me and my Little Scribblers:
Christmas in July!
Honestly, I kind of had mixed feelings about this theme.
I personally am a Christmas Fanatic
and was overjoyed to be celebrating in the middle of the summer.
However, I was also worried that I might confuse my little people.
I didn't want them to think that Christmas was actually taking place
and getting disappointed when their parents
(1) refused to put up a Christmas Tree at home,
(2) didn't purchase any gifts,
and (3) had to break the news to them that it really wasn't time for Santa to visit.
However, that "problem" has kind of worked itself out...
every time the subject comes up,
one or more of the kiddos is quick to remind me
that it isn't really Christmas because it's not cold outside
and that we are just pretending. :)
Thanks for the reminder, Loves! :)
Anyway, on Monday we made our first Christmas craft:

Turned out Super Cute, but unfortunately didn't last long.
Almost immediately started melting :(.
If I ever try this craft again, I'm gonna have to finagle around with the "recipe".

Tuesday I had the WONDERFUL opportunity
to share one of my favorite childhood storybooks with my Little Scribblers.

If you have never read Skunks! Go to Bed!" to your kids,
you are DEPRIVING them!
And that is my "professional" opinion! :)

Thursday was a VERY Exciting Day in Little Scribbler Land!
Earlier in the week, I had phoned Bickford House
(an Assisted Living Facility for Senior Citizens located just up the street from the YMCA)
about making a visit to their facility and passing out some Christmas in July cards
and singing a few Christmas Carols to the residents.
But most importantly, I was calling to get permission
to decorate a small, Charlie Brown Christmas Tree on the back of their property
with edible decorations for the area critters.
I granted permission for all of the above,
so Thursday morning the Little Scribblers and I trooped up the lane
and had a Christmas Adventure! :)

We have had a TON of FUN this week thus far,
but I'm fairly certain that tomorrow is going to be the best of all!
Can anyone guess how I complete our Christmas in July theme?
You'll just have to check back in next to see for yourself! :)

Have a Great Weekend, Everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment