Friday, April 3, 2015

Friday Five-O #52 {Spring Break at the YMCA}

Good Evening, Lovelies!
THANK GOD IT'S FRIDAY!
(And Happy Easter!)

This week has been EXHAUSTING!
I don't think I've been this excited about the weekend
since Summer Camp two years ago
(the last time I spent 5 8-hour days in a row with 30+ 5-12 year olds).

Kick off your shoes, grab a cup of tea
and I'll tell you all about my week on today's:

Last Friday initiated Spring Break 2015 at the YMCA.
For those of you who don't know,
this means that I had to run a mini "camp" all week long.
As I said last Friday,
how come I don't get a week off for Spring Break?!
Anyway...in an attempt to get Spring Break off to a nutritious start,
I gave the kiddos these lovely red apples for their morning snack.

As the saying goes:
"An Apple a day...keeps the doctor away!"

Last Friday was chilly, but sunny and we decided to risk
the 40 degree temperatures and take the kids outdoors to run off some energy.

Most of them weren't excited at having to bundle up in their coats,
but once we got out to the wide-open space the playground sits on,
they were thankful.

Despite the chill in the air,
the sun was GLORIOUS!
I can't even express how glad I am that Spring has FINALLY arrived!

This lovely view reminded me of a song from long ago:
"Sunshine will come my way! Chasin' the night away!..."

Sunday after church,
my family and I went to Famous Dave's to celebrate
me and my cousin, Amber's birthdays :).
While there, I took the opportunity
to be photographed with these two beautiful munchkins! :)

I don't get to spend near enough time with these precious kiddos
(or their parents and baby sister!).

Monday morning it was back to work at the YMCA
with the kids out on Spring Break.
I really wasn't looking forward to it
(especially since my boss was out of town
and therefore all the responsibility fell on me...)
so I decided to have a soothing cup of tea
before I left the house.

All I can say is:
Thank God for Twining's English Breakfast Tea!

Tuesday's weather was absolutely GORGEOUS!
The kiddos and I spent most of the day outdoors enjoying it.

A lovely pine tree + a Glorious blue sky = SPRING!!!!

Earlier in the week, I had made the mistake
of trying to run after the kiddos wearing flat boots
(I thought my feet were going to fall off!).
To say the least, I righted that error the very next day
and have worn nothing but my precious All Stars
every day since! :)

I LOVE my Converse!

How did you and your family spend Spring Break?
Have you been out enjoying the lovely Spring Weather?
What shoes get you through your run-around-like-a-crazy-person-days?

I would love to hear you stories!

Thank you so much for visiting today!
I hope you come back for a visit soon! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment