Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Friday Five-O #53 {I know, I know...I'm late!}

Good Morning, Friends and Family!
I know I'm late posting this edition of

BUT...Believe me when I say that there are good reasons for this!

First of all, I am currently deprived of my personal laptop.
I cracked the touchscreen (yet again...
*sigh*...I REALLY wish I would stop doing that!)
and had to send it off to be fixed by the magic-makers at Dell.
Secondly, my mother had surgery last Thursday
and I was very busy in the following days taking care of her.

But with all that said,
I do have quite a bit of stuff to tell you
about what happened last week.

Friday (April 3) was Good Friday.
Honestly, I was more than a little bitter about having to work,
but whatever...I guess that's just how it goes sometimes.
The children at the YMCA
(remember, Spring Break at the YMCA was in FULL Swing!)
were very excited to discuss the full meaning of Easter
and that put a big ole Smile on my face!

I had a proud moment when they excitedly called me over
to where they were playing to say,
"Miss Sarah! We made the whole Easter story out of blocks!"
They showed me the Garden of Gethsemane, Pilate's Palace,
the Temple, Calvary's Hill, and the Empty Tomb. :)

Saturday (April 4), along with some pretty (and SCRUMPTIOUS!) treats,
I set off on a new reading adventure!

If you haven't read Red Queen,
what in the world are you waiting for?!
Stop what you're doing...and go get it...NOW!
You won't regret it!

Easter Sunday (April 5) was relatively quiet around my house.
I spent most of the day at church
(as usual...that's just my life on Sundays!
and I wouldn't have it any other way!).

Hallelujah! He is Risen!

Tuesday (April 7) was ECSTATIC
to get back to my "normal" routine at Thomas Jefferson.
No, my little TJ lovelies are not perfect
and sometimes I think they are intentionally trying to drive me to insanity,
but they are SSSSOOOO much easier to handle in our own environment
rather than at the YMCA.
Now, that's not to say that EVERYTHING
about Spring Break at the YMCA was terrible.
Quite the opposite actually,
we had some really fun times over Spring Break.


See? :)

Thursday (April 9) I got to spend LOTS of quality time
with my very own pink Grandma.
It was very wonderful of her to accompany me
to Great Plains Orthopedic Surgery Center
for mom's shoulder surgery
(more about this later).
As usual, Grandma couldn't just sit and visit,
she had to keep her hands busy while she was at it! :)

Grandma hands are NEVER idle! :)

How was your Easter/Spring Break?
How do you celebrate Christ's Resurrection?
Have you read any good books lately
that I should know about?

I would LOVE to hear your stories!

Thank you so much for visiting today!
I hope you have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment