Friday, December 6, 2013

Wonderings about the Future {I Wonder?}

Good Morning, Friends and Family!
Season's Greetings to you and yours!
My first semester at Colorado Technical University is almost over.
And to be honest, I'm really proud of myself and my grades.
Count 'em, folks!
2 As and a B!
(I'm expecting an A in my current class as well...
I receive perfect scores on the first seven assignments
so I'd say that an A is within my reach)
Like I said, I'm proud of myself.

But I've started the "wondering" process...
You know, all the second-guessing.
I wonder...
Is this schooling really going to help me achieve my future goals?
Have I FINALLY found my niche?
Will this education be satisfactory in the eyes of future employers?
Will I FINALLY be able to get a job 
that allows me to fully support myself financially?
Will I ever view myself or be viewed as a responsible adult?
Nevermind...skip that last one...
that is WAY TOO MUCH DRAMA to get into right now.

Obviously, I have quite a bit on my mind
and really, I haven't even begun to share the minimum 
of what's going on up there at the moment.
Don't want to completely overload you all at one time.
Sufficed to say, this Roller-Coaster Life is stressful right now.
It's not all bad stress...some of it is simply the stress of the upcoming holiday.
Presents to wrap, decorations to hang, Christmas Program to direct...
that's all GOOD, sometimes FUN stress...
if there is such a thing...

With so much going on, it is easy to get caught up 
in the emotion and stress of it all.
Believe me...it's VERY easy!
But I had a God Moment last night
(while putting up Church Christmas Decorations).
If I'm going to spend my time sitting around wondering...
(well, more accurately, RUNNING around wondering...), 
shouldn't I be wondering about what is truly important?

I wonder...
"Why would God be born in a Stable?"
"Why was He raised by a carpenter? 
Surely there was a person of royalty available somewhere!"
"What was it about the star 
that the Wise Men found so fascinating 
that they gave up their daily lives to travel countless miles?"
"Did Joseph still have some doubts 
about the Child's paternity even after the angel visited him?"
"Did Mary ever look around at her life and wonder, 
'Am I dreaming all of this?'"

I wonder...

The of the Birth of Christ is a WONDER-full TRUE story.
It was a miracle that I CHOOSE to believe in.
To me, it proves that God uses ordinary people and ordinary circumstances
to accomplish the EXTRAORDINARY.

A few years ago for Christmas,
our choir at the Pentecostals of Peoria
sang a very moving and powerful song 
about never losing the sense of awe and majesty of the Christmas Story.

I can honestly say, I haven't lost it.
I haven't "gotten over" the wonder of it all.
And I pray I never do.

I still wonder...
Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment