Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I've Bookmarked the Date!...{One of my Quirks...}

Good Morning!
I hope this finds you all bundled up and cozy inside
away from this frozen tundra weather 
we're experiencing here in Illinois.
(Honestly, I feel SSSSOOOO incredibly sorry
for our maintenance guys at work.
They are outside at this very moment 
clearing the parking lots and starting up the YMCA vans.)
This weather certainly made for an interesting drive
into work this morning.
I was nearly apart of a four vehicle accident.
Thank the Lord for His Hand of Mercy!


My morning ritual USUALLY includes
checking the weather app on my phone
before I get dressed so I can make sure
to wear appropriate clothing for the day.
OF COURSE! Today was the day I didn't do that.
So I'm wearing a cutesy outfit
with a short jean skirt,
 a top that does NOT have long sleeves
and Fun Fishnets instead of leggings.
(But at least I was smart enough to wear my boots!)

Basically, I'm freezing!
At work this morning, I barricaded myself in my office
with my heater on FULL BLAST!
Definitely was NOT excited about having to go back out!

But anyway, none of that is what this post is about!
I had a random thought this morning
(seriously, this was REALLY out-of-the-blue!).
As of Saturday, January 18th, 
it has been ONE YEAR since I have been kissed.
In a way, this makes me sad.
I'm a normal girl (somewhat...sometimes) and I dream of having 
a special someone in my life to hug and kiss on.
But at the same time, 
I'm relieved that I'm not still with the guy
who gave me my last kiss.
(I could continue this thought,
but frankly, I don't think I'm up for the drama right now...)

Anyway, the fact that I had made a mental note
of the date of my Last Kiss
kind of jumped out at me!
And it got me to thinking...
I really am a "date" kind of girl.
Dates are important to me.

I remember the date of my first kiss:
June 29, 2006.

I remember the date of my first real (and awful) break-up:
November 18, 2006.

I remember the Dates of the Worst Vacation Ever:
August 8 - 11, 2007.

I remember my first day on the job at the YMCA:
January 21, 2008.
(Hey...that's six  years ago today...)


I remember my cousin being tragically injured at church:
November 11, 2009.

I remember my Pastor encouraging me in my ministry:
January 10, 2010.

I remember my first day of Radiography Clinicals:
October 11, 2011.

I remember the day I failed out of the Radiography Program:
July 30, 2012.

I remember directing my first full scale Children's Musical:
December 8 & 9, 2012.

I remember starting this blog after much internal debate:
February 28, 2013.

I remember having to let go of my baby, Xander:
October 27, 2013.

Dates are a big deal to me.
I remember peoples birthdays and anniversaries.
I remember the dates of important pep talks
and seemingly ordinary days
that had just a sprinkle of extraordinary on them
That's just me.
One of my happy little quirks, I guess. 

Honestly, I'm not really sure if I have "point" to this post...
perhaps I'm just sharing what's been on my mind lately.
Or maybe this is a "heads up" for any future men in my life...;)
You know, to make sure they know how to get on my good side...

Do you remember dates without really trying to?
What interesting little quirks do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment