Friday, February 28, 2014

It's a Roller-Coaster Life is a Year Old! {Initiation of Friday Five-O!}

It has been an all around celebratory day!
It began nice and slow (just the way I like it)
with me reading a few chapters of the object of my current reading obsession.
(If you're wondering about the book,
you should check-out my Instagram @sarahddahl
or visit It's a Roller-Coaster Life on Facebook.)

Then I headed out to witness and photograph a miracle:
The Adoption of Miss Danielle to the DePinto family!
This miracle has been a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG time coming!
And I will tell you more about that later.

Then, of course, today is my one-year-Blogiversary! :)
I absolutely cannot believe I've been a blogger for an entire year!

Well, actually, I suppose I've been a blogger all my life,
I just confined my writings to personal journals
rather publishing them to the Internet.

Honestly, in the beginning,
I was very nervous about starting this blog.
I had toyed with the idea of becoming a blogger
for a while, but really didn't think I had what it takes.

Then a close friend of mine started her own blogging journey
and frankly, she gave me the courage to find my voice.
(If this story sounds familiar,
its because I have already told on this blog before.
You can find that post here.)
  
I've been thinking for a while now about what kind of post 
I wanted to do for my blog's first birthday. 
And, keeping with my current decorating theme that I initiated over Valentine's Day,
(you can find out more about that here.)
I think I just want to keep it simple. 
Maybe let you in on some of the highlights of my week.
(I realized there's quite a bit I haven't shared).

So, with that in mind, I'm also planning to use this birthday post
to announce a new blog attraction!
I'm calling it "Friday Five-O".
(Yeah, you know how to say it...)

Basically I will write a post every Friday
highlighting five photos, moments, stories, etc of my week.
The point of this is to simply let you get to know me better.

I am going to do my utmost to ensure that I can guarantee a weekly post,
but this blog is called "Its a Roller-Coaster Life" for a reason.
Sometimes unexpected things come up
and blogging has to take a temporary backseat.
With that being said,
I am actually looking forward to the challenge
of posting every Friday.

So...to begin the "tradition"...
It's time for:

This past week has DEFINITELY been a Roller-Coaster week to say the least.
Sunday at church we had a fundraiser lasagna dinner
cooked by the best chef in the world: My Grandma!

Can you say "YUMMY!?!?!?!?"

Tuesday, I want to the dentist. :(
I've been having right-sided jaw pain for about a month now
and decided it was high time to get it checked out.
The dentist diagnosed TMJ (or locked jaw)
and promptly put me on a "no-chewing, no-singing, and no-yelling" diet for two weeks.
Basically, I can't do anything except blog, read, and drink smoothies.

I guess it's a good thing I LOVE Smoothie King!

Wednesday was another Early Dismissal Day at Thomas Jefferson
and I declared it "Dr. Seuss Day"!
(For those of you who don't know,
Dr. Seuss' birthday is coming up on Sunday, March 2.)
Everything we did was Dr. Seuss themed.
We had lots of fun making crafts that I will share with you
at a later time.

We also made a VERY large mess...
The children even got creative with the mess,
and this happened:

I love their creativity! :)

Yesterday, was Nanny Thursday.
Let me just say, I was a little nervous about committing myself
to another "side job" on top of everything I have going on,
but I needn't have worried.
I ADORE the kids I watch and often times leave their house
feeling more relaxed and calm than when I left.
(I'm not kidding!)


LOVE these kiddos!

Then, as I mentioned in the beginning of this post,
today was Adoption Day in the DePinto Household!

It was a very sweet celebration to end the week with!

Do you have any weekly attractions on your blog?
How did you celebrate your one-year-Blogiversary?

Thanks for stopping by!
Please visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment