Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Queen of Hearts...{A Belated "All About Valentine's Day" Post}

Happy Wednesday, Everyone!
And Belated Happy Valentine's Day, Lovelies!
Bet you thought you'd never hear that out of me...
well, honestly, I made a concentrated effort to be less negative
about the "Love Holiday" this year...
and, actually, did end up enjoying it a bit. :)

Let me start off by clarifying...
I AM NOT THE QUEEN OF HEARTS I WAS REFERRING TO!
She is:

Isn't she sweet?
More about her in a moment.
I'm here today to share my Valentine festivities with you.
This includes a mini photo shoot,
my home decor,
and a couple of Kiddy Crafts.

The photo shoot wasn't really planned...
I was simply hoping to add a cute photo or two this post
to make it a bit more eye-catching and interesting.
As I'm sure you've noticed, I like to include photos of the children
along with the photos of the crafts they've made.
Well, I approached this little love's mother
about taking and posting photos of her before I actually took them
thinking that I would maybe use one or two...
Well, the whole shoot turned out better than I expected!
I am very excited to share it with you!
What do you think?
She's quite the Queen of Hearts, isn't she?




















I love this photo so much I had to share it twice! <3<3<3<3
I tell everyone that this little girl is quite the entertainer.
She is my ballerina and my Broadway Star all rolled into one! :)

Now, I would like to share my Valentine's home decor with you.
As I'm sure some of you remember,
I have only recently taken down my Christmas Decorations.
I intentionally left them up for the entire month of January
in an effort to keep away the Winter Blues.
(You can read more about that here.)

I knew I wanted to keep my Valentine's Decor simple
which is a complete contrast to my Christmas Decor.
(You can see those photos here.)
(I'm only now adjusting to accepting the Love Holiday...
let's not go overboard...)
I had a plan in mind and for once,
it turned out exactly as I wanted it to!
(Write it down! This will probably never happen again!)
What do you think?























I am completely obsessed with old book pages.
And I'm pretty sure I won't be getting over it anytime soon!
This is me giving you fair warning! :)

As if to prove the point,
one of the crafts the kiddies did involves old book pages :).
In a way they are similar to the ones I made for my shelf,
but I LOVE that the kids added their own creativity
(and, they got to use paint and glitter
whereas all I had to work with were Sharpies...
not that I'm complaining...I LOVE MY SHARPIES!)
Aren't these hearts spectacular!?!?!?!?




















In addition to these Watercolor Book Page Hearts,
I had some of the children trace their hands
to make these cute heart designs.




I love how our Valentine Crafts turned out!
Let's just say that our Bulletin Board is MUCH LESS crowded
than when it was completely covered with penguins,
but I still love it! :)
(If you would like to see our penguin crafts,
please click here.)

So how did you decorate, craft,
and otherwise celebrate and prepare for Valentine's Day?
I would love to see your photos and hear your stories!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
I enjoy sharing my Roller-Coaster Life with you!
I hope you have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment