Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Bit of Magic

Ssssoooo...I've never posted more than once in a day before.
But I've got something on my mind.
As I mentioned in today's earlier post, 
I am currently off work on vacation.
(Can I get a "WOOHOO"?!?!?!?!)
I love vacations as much as the next girl 
and I'm not joking and/or exaggerating when I say 
I NEEDED THIS VACATION
(technically, I guess you'd call it a Stay-cation since I'm not going anywhere...)

Things at work have been...let's just say "interesting with a stressful flair".
And I NEEDED a break.
I didn't make any concrete plans for this week
(and that was on purpose!).
I knew I had a few little projects to work on at home.
Yes, one being this blog...:)
But mostly, I wanted this week to rest up.
And, honestly, that's exactly what is happening...
I've been sleeping in and getting rested up 
and checking off items on my "To-Do List". 

However, I have to admit...I'm feeling a little blue
(and have been since last week).
I wouldn't say depressed, but definitely melancholy.
And melancholy is NOT how I wanted to feel on my Stay-cation!
So, I've been searching around for things to "cheer" myself up.
Things to add a Bit of Magic to my Stay-cation.
Here's what I've come up with thus far:

First of all, I took out my Bible and spent some quality time with the Lord.
He wasn't kidding when He said, "Man shall not live by bread alone."
We weren't meant to handle the stress of everyday roller-coaster rides on our own.
Spending time with Him DEFINITELY helped!

Secondly, I turned on the Christmas Music.
THAT ALWAYS sprinkles a little Bit of Magic on me :). 

Thirdly, I made sure I spent some time with a child.
And I don't mean a single hug and kiss
(although those do go a long way).
I mean quality time with a child. 
Loving on him, cooing to him, cuddling with him,
all of the above.
Children make you think and focus on the big picture
whether you want to or not.
They help me remember that "NOW" is temporary.
Things aren't going to stay the same for long.
So treasure them while you can.

What do you do when you're feeling blue?
What adds a Bit of Magic to your life?

Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment