Tuesday, July 30, 2013

In the Rain

Good Evening!
I pray this finds you having a good week thus far :).

I had...a mini Revelation today 
that I would like to share with you.

We had a Rainy Day at the YMCA today...
which basically means we follow the same agenda as usual
we just have to do everything indoors.
With the exception of swimming...
As long as there is no thunder and/or lightning,
the kiddos still swim in our outdoor pool rain or shine.
The weather was on the cool side,
but that didn't stop my daring little people from diving right in!

Now, that being said...
those of us who DIDN'T "dive right in"
about FROZE TO DEATH out in that rain!
On of my fellow counselors shook her head and said, 
"I cannot believe these kids are swimming in the rain."
That simple statement spawned my revelation
(yeah, I'm one of those people who can get revelation from just about anywhere...
God spoke to me through "High School Musical" once...not kidding...)

We've all heard the adage,
"Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...
its about learning to DANCE in the RAIN."
















I agree with that statement.
But I also think there's more to it than that.
I personally do not believe that all rain is "bad". 
Sure, I've been through storms that I didn't enjoy
and wished would hurry up and move on.
But the point is THAT I GOT THROUGH THEM.
And that they benefited me in the end.
Rain nourishes the Earth and replenishes life itself.
Rain may not always be enjoyable when it is falling
(in fact, it wasn't that enjoyable today when I was freezing and stuck out in it),
but it always serves a purpose...a purpose ordained by God Himself.

I submit to you that life is about more than learning how to DANCE in the rain.
I think its about learning to be who you are...in the rain.
About going on and doing what you do...in the rain.
About seeing what the rain really is...REFRESHMENT after a long, hot journey.
A cool, gentle touch after a sunburn.
Edification after correction's pruning.

To say it simply,
I view rain and life's storms as blessings.
Blessings that can be received the moment we open our hands.

I don't know if my mini Revelation will affect anyone else like it did me,
but that's okay...I just wanted to share it :)

Thank you for reading! 
Please visit again soon!

P.S. Speaking of "rain" and "refreshment"...
this is an AWESOME song
that has become a prayer for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment