Friday, August 8, 2014

Friday Five-O #24 {Summer Camp is Coming to an End...}

Good Morning, Loves!
I hope this finds you doing well!
Speaking for myself, it has been a MUCH BETTER week than the previous one!
I hope that has been the case for you as well!

Come along with me and I'll tell you all about my week on today's:

Last Friday was truly a Good Day!
(After the previous week, I was DUE for a Good Day!)
First of all, it was Friday :)
and then I had the opportunity to do 
an impromptu Back-to-School Photo Shoot with my Little Scribblers.

We had so much fun!
And I'm QUITE GIDDY with how the photos turned out! :)
Friday evening, my mother and I took my little cousin, Tiara,
to see Olaf from Frozen at Barnes & Noble.
It was...an ADVENTURE to say the least.
First of all, the place was completely PACKED!
I overheard a B&N employee saying, "We are NOT prepared for this!"
Then, Olaf turned out to be a cardboard cut-out 
instead of the person dressed in a costume that I was expecting.
Luckily we hadn't told Tiara about Olaf so she was happy with the cut-out.
We ended up purchasing a set of Frozen books and a drinking cup with a straw for Tiara
(a belated birthday gift from Aunt Beckey...which Tiara LOVED!)
and I purchased Frozen (the movie) for my YMCA kiddos.

Saturday, I wished (from afar) my dear friends, Kevin & Hannah,
a Very Happy Wedding Day!

Love you guys! :)

Sunday after church, I spent my evening reading on my bed.
Talk about a Perfect Way to Spend the Evening!
While there, I took a moment to snap this:

I have a love/hate relationship 
with how the evening sun pours through these windows.
It's beautiful to look at, but at the same time creates an oven in my room 
which is quite unpleasant during hot weather.
But, PRAISE THE LORD, we are having a pretty mild summer so far,
so I was completely enjoying it at that particular moment! :)

Monday, I had to take my dear Pearline to see the Doc...
for those of you who don't know, Pearline is my beautiful 2007 VW Jetta.
(Yes, I name all my cars...I named this one after my maternal grandmother
because the color of it is "white diamond pearl".
I am not making that up...that's what it says in the description).
I've been having issues with my power steering
and let's just say the news was not great. :(

I am currently shopping around for other places 
that could fix her electrical problems.
We'll see what happens...

Wednesday at work, in celebration of the final week of Little Scribbler's Camp,
I made the kiddos a blanket fort to sleep in during nap time.

It was a HUGE hit!
And some of the kids even fell asleep! :)

My Little Scribbler's Theme for the Week was:
The Amazing Alphabet.
On Thursday, I attempted to drive that point home
by incorporating the beloved Children's Book:
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
and creating this canvas with the kiddos:

I think it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself! :)

How was your week?
Personally, I have some pretty big plans for the weekend
and I look forward to telling you all about them
on next week's:

Have a Great Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment