Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Five-O #29 {Basking in the Coming Autumn}

Happy Chilly Friday, Friends!
I hope this finds you enjoying 
this crisp Autumn weather as much as I am.
(In case you haven't figured it out already,
this is my favorite time of year 
and I plan to enjoy every second of it!)

I've actually done quite a bit of basking in fall this week...
C'mon with me and I'll tell you all about it on today's:

Friday, my little TJ darlings and I created Skylines out of old book pages
in honor of National Sky Scraper Day last week.

Based on all the positive reviews I'm getting from the parents
-and what I can see with my own two eyes,
I'd say the kids did GREAT! :)

Sunday was Grandparents' Day.

I usually try to MAKE a gift for my grandparents on that day
(I just think that makes it more personal...).
I plan to share my little crafts with you at another time.
In addition to making gifts,
Mom and I also took Grandpa & Grandma to lunch.

YUMMY! Famous Dave's BBQ is the BEST!

Monday,  I worked some more on the fall decor in my room.
I love using real, dried leaves & plants!
I feel this gives authenticity to the decor.

 (Picture above is dried bittersweet and oak leaves.)

Tuesday & Wednesday were VERY Wet days.
Nonetheless, I found the following signs of Autumn to brighten up my days :).


Thursday was September 11. 
I was only 13 when the attack occurred,
but I remember it like it was yesterday.
I don't remember feeling afraid,
but I remember feeling helpless.
I remember praying for all those affected
and for the leaders of our government.
I think that was the day that I truly became a Patriot.
I had loved and honored my country prior to that that terrible day,
but I was more passionate about it afterwards.

May We Never Forget...

In addition to honoring 9/11 on Thursday,
I also was privileged to snap some photos of one of my darling little TJ kiddos.
I am hoping to use this photo of my buddy
(and a few others showcasing him),
for a Project at the YMCA
(will explain more about it later!).

He's such a STUD! :)

How was your week?
Have you done any Basking in Autumn yet?
I would love to hear all about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment