Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday Five-O #30 {Getting Ready for My Busiest Time of Year!}

Good Morning, Everyone!
And a Very Happy Friday to you!
Seeing as how I have the day off today,
for me it is indeed a Very Happy Friday! :)

For those of you who even slightly know me,
you know that I am an avid lover of all things fall.
Therefore, I am very excited for the Official First Day of Autumn
which is coming next week.
I love the colors of autumn, the crisp, cool air,
PUMPKINS, being able to wear scarves and boots,
BONFIRES, and lots of homemade soups!
But in addition to this,
Autumn brings about my busiest time of year.

Christmas plans start making their appearance,
church and family gatherings are more frequent,
my photography "business" (and I use that word lightly) really picks up...
I just ALWAYS have a LOT going on September - December.
And this past week, was sort of the unofficial beginning of it.
C'mon with me and I'll tell you all about it on today's:

Friday night was one of the last "do-nothing-nights-at-home"
that I will be seeing for a while.
So I endeavored to milk it for all it was worth
and spent my evening with some movies
and a steaming cup of cappuccino.

Saturday was a pretty busy day.
Along with regular weekend house cleaning duties,
I set aside time to update my chalkboard.
I was a little nervous about trying to draw some this "elaborate",
but, hey, if you don't try, you won't know what you are capable of.
So I gave it my best shot,
and actually I don't think it looks half bad.
I think it definitely could be better,
but I'm proud of it as it is anyway! :)

Saturday evening, I was privileged to photograph beautiful family:

Even after 13 years of marriage,
Mom and Dad are still mushy enough to completely gross out their kids! :)

On Sunday, it was my turn to work in the Toddler Nursery
(this happens on a monthly basis).
For some odd reason, I have been forgetting my  phone at home
on Sundays quite a bit lately.
Naturally, this throws a kink into my instagramming obsession...
Anyway, I didn't have my phone with me at church on Sunday,
but I did have my Nikon.
Therefore, I was able to snap even better photos of my little darlings than usual. :)

Monday, I made my weekly trip to the Library...

I admit it!
I have a HUGE Library addiction!
While there, I happened upon this inspiring sight:

I believe it is safe to say that Fall is in the Air! :)

Tuesday, I had a meeting with my boss's boss
about the "special project" I eluded to in this post.
This project is still nowhere near ready to get off the ground
(and, if our CEO doesn't approve, never will...).
Therefore, I am hesitant to say much about it at this time.
However, I will say that my boss's boss and I
had a very productive meeting about it
and discussed some very cool options.

I also wore my slippers this very important meeting.
What? My feet hurt! LOL

What's been going on with you?
Are the gorgeous colors of Autumn
starting to make an appearance where you live?
Am I alone in my plight or do you have a Library addiction too?

I would love to hear your stories!

Thank you for stopping by!
Have a Great Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment