Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Five-O #37 {This was a VERY Eventful and Exciting Week!}

Good Morning, All!
I hope this finds you doing well!

I don't know about you,
but I had a VERY Busy, Exciting Weekend
followed by a busy, fun week!
Why don't you grab a seat and a cup of coffee
and I'll tell you all about it on today's:

Although, I guess TECHNICALLY it's a Friday Six-O
because I couldn't narrow the week's events down to five...
I just HAD to share all six fun highlights with you! :)

Last Friday, of course, was Halloween.
And, let's just say it was a rather eventful morning at TJ.
Someone -- for unknown reasons -- left a nasty little surprise 
outside of the front doors of the school:
a bag of bullets.
Why, when, how are all questions that I don't have the answers to.
Naturally, rumors have been flying about like crazy,
but it's my personal hope that none of them are true.
After the initial panic had died down,
I concentrated on making the day as fun as it should be.
And, at least I think, I was successful.

But maybe we should check with the children...

Saturday was a day of arts and crafts and generally cool things.
First, my darling cousin, Maranda, came over and spent the day with me.
Together we were able to FINALLY finish a project
that has been in the works for the last three months or so.

I've gotta admit, I'm kind of in love with it!
What do you think?

Next, I broke out my metallic sharpies and doodled my own version
of a really cool Pinterest drawing on a plate:

Far from perfect, I know...
but I still love it and am proud to display it.

It seems that Maranda and I were not the only ones
who felt artistic this particular Saturday...
The spider residing on the front porch got in touch 
with his (or her) creative side 
and designed this gorgeous web.

Now, its common knowledge that I'm generally NOT a fan of spiders...
but even I have to admit...that's a pretty cool web! :)

Sunday was our church Singspiration and it was a rousing success!
These two adorable little people did a GREAT job
belting it out with the Junior Choir.

For more photos AND VIDEOS of the Singspiration,
please click here.

Monday, I was literally THROWN into the Christmas Spirit
by the reappearance of Red Cups at Starbucks!
I couldn't contain myself and had to snap some photos.

Literally...a single, paper, red cup inspired a whole photo shoot
complete with Christmas lights and firewood.
Yeah...I go overboard sometimes...
but, hey, you can't deny that is a pretty cute photo...

Tuesday it seems was the day for hilarious and inspiring quotes.
The morning began with me announcing to the mirror
and anyone else willing to listen (meaning my mother who was in the kitchen),
"I think I'm just going to be ugly today."
Which completely confused my mother causing her to ask,
"You mean like in your attitude?"
"No," I responded, "I meant my hair".

Then upon arrival at Thomas Jefferson,
one of my fifth grade boys asked me,
"Miss Sarah, have you ever read Red Kayak?"
"No," I replied, "What's it about?"
"It's about these two boys who live on Cheapskate Bay."
"What?"
"Cheapskate Bay...it's a real place!" he said enthusiastically.
"Do you mean Chesapeake Bay?"
He responded, "Whatever."

Finally, concerning the subject who's photo I was editing
at the lunch table while nannying (did you get all that?),
I stated in a silly voice, "Oh! He's such a fashion model!"
Causing three-year-old Mr. G to ask, "Um, Sarah, what's a fashion waddle?"
I didn't correct his adorable grammatical error, but instead replied,
"A fashion waddle is someone who is very cute,
and wears very nice clothes, and walks like this."
I demonstrated my best fashion model...uh...waddle
(you gotta admit, some people doing the fashion model walk
do, indeed, appear to be waddling...just sayin'...).
Mr. G thought this was hysterical and asked if he could do it himself.
"Your father will probably kill me," I replied, "but sure! Why not?"
Thus ensued the cutest fashion waddle I've ever seen in my life.
SERIOUSLY! I wish I had a video to share with you! :)

Like I said, it was a quotable day! :)

Lastly on Wednesday I had a GREAT Christmas Practice
with my POP Kiddos.
You know, sometimes I wonder why I put myself
through the stress of a Christmas Program every year.
Well, Wednesday night was why.
I had handed out lyrics and scripts the week before
but this was really the first time we were going to be working on them together.
And let me tell you, these kids blew it out of the water!
I was SSSSOOOO impressed!
They stayed focused and politely critiqued each other.
They listened well and sang out loudly when I asked them to!
VERY PROUD RIGHT NOW! :)

I've said it before, and I'm saying it again:
I LOVE MY POP KIDDOS! :)

How was your week?
Was it as eventful and exciting as mine?
What crafts have you been working on lately?
Have you ever directed or helped direct a children's program?
I would love to hear your stories!

Thank you so much for visiting today.
I hope you come back soon!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment