Thursday, November 6, 2014

POP Singspiration 2014 {A Cause for Celebration}

Good Afternoon, Friends & Family! I hope this finds you doing well! I myself have been busy as usual, but for a very good reason :). Two very exciting events have taken place at church in the last week and I was privileged to take part in both of them :). In this post, I shared a few details from our Pastoral Appreciation Service last Wednesday evening. In today's post, I will be sharing some highlights of our church Singspiration yesterday.

Now some of you maybe wondering what exactly a Singspiration is. Well, basically, it's a church service with all music--no separate Sunday School classes and/or preaching/teaching. Honestly, I can't remember the last time our church had one of these services (or if they ever did at all...). But I am so glad that we did yesterday! It was a FANTASTIC time. People who I had no idea could sing, got up and worshiped God with their talents. Also, people who haven't publicly sang in years blessed us with their God-given gifts of song. Young children shared their musical ability and large mass choir was put together. A GREAT time was had by all! :) But instead of me rambling on for hours on end, I thought it would better to just share some of performances with you (some photos, some videos).

The Pentecostals of Peoria (and I) are proud to share our Singspiration 2014!

The Lutz Family Quartet started off the occasion...its totally obvious where the Lutz kids got their talent from! :)

Then, my very own mama got up and sang the song she's known for "Go to the Rock"...and did AWESOME! :)

Don't believe me? Check out the video...:)

Yeah...she brought down the house! :) According to my cousin, Maranda, I was beaming through Mom's whole performance...:)

Other performances of the day included: a solo by a young, up and coming drummer,
Great Job, Landon!

various members of the VERY MUSICALLY INCLINED Grant Family sharing their talents,

the Youth Ensemble doing a FANTASTIC job on their contribution to the Singspiration: Glorious,

our super talented percussion team doing a drum off that ROCKED!,

(Yes, that is a refined church elder standing on the chairs...)

and my personal favorite, the Junior Choir singing "Awesome"...but I might be a bit biased...our very own Miracle Boy proclaimed God's Awesomeness both in body and in song!

Doesn't that just make you want to sob!?!?!?!?
Here is a better videoed version of Taedyn's solo...A BIG Thank You to CJ Photography! :)
I LOVE MY JUNIOR CHOIR! :)

The Singspiration was culminated by the Mass Choir. Unfortunately, I do not have any photos or videos of this...:(...but trust me, IT WAS AWESOME! :) In fact, the whole day was awesome. I heard from a reliable source that our Bishop requested that we hold a Singspiration on a weekly basis. Well, I don't see that happening...but hopefully we will have another one sometime in the near future :).

Have you ever held a Singspiration at your church? Did you discovered that people had talents that you never even imagined? Did you participate? I would love to hear your stories!

Thank you so much for visiting today! I hope you come back soon!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment