Thursday, August 1, 2013

Wandering in the Windy City

Good Evening!
I pray this finds you having a good week!

A few weeks ago...
well, more like a month ago...
I was privileged to take a day trip to Chicago
with my College & Career Group from church.
It had been a VERY LONG time 
since I had visited the Windy City
and I VERY MUCH enjoyed the chance 
to photograph as much of it as I could!

Our first stop was the Baha'i Temple in Wilmette, IL.
Call me "uncultured", but I had never even heard of the Baha'i faith.
You can find more information about it here.
Personally, I was BLOWN AWAY by the temple itself.
Isn't it MAGNIFICENT?!?!?!?!



 After visiting the temple, we headed into THE CITY!
I've always been a BIG CITY girl at heart,
so, of course, I fell in love with Downtown Chicago.
I love the modern skyscrapers 
alongside the romantic old-fashioned architecture.
Check out some of the AWESOME sights we saw!






Here's some of our group!


I am PATRIOTIC to the bone! I BLEED Red, White, and Blue! <3<3<3<3


I have been a Cubbie Fan for YEARS, but this was the first time I've been to Wrigley Field!
Seriously, how GORGEOUS is this city?!?!?!?!


I absolutely LOVE old churches covered in ivy!





I love AWESOME People with all my Heart!

This was my friend, Madu's, first C&C outing...I think we made an impression on her to say the least...:)
In a way, this trip turned into a Foodie Adventure...we stopped at quite a few different places for a variety of yummy treats. This was my first time at Argo Tea Cafe...and, what can I say? I'm in LOVE!!!!

As I mentioned previously,
it had been quite a while since I had been to Chicago...
but, for some odd reason, none of my previous trips 
had included Lake Michigan
(completely unexcusable, I know!). 
Well, on this trip with my C&C buddies,
I got to see Lake Michigan upclose...
and put my feet in :).

We had so much fun playing in the waves!
(Even though it was BEYOND chilly!)





I love absolutely EVERYTHING about this photo! Great friends having LOTS of FUN!!!!





Counting down the days til these TWO become ONE! :) <3<3<3<3
 
Lake Michigan completely AMAZED me.
Just admire it's beauty with me for a moment! :)








Thank you for sharing my trip to the Windy City with me!
Have you taken any trips lately?
I'd love to hear about them!

Please visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment