Friday, October 3, 2014

Friday Five-O #32 {Merry October}

Happy, Chilly Friday, Dears!
And Merry October!
I hope this finds you doing well today.
It definitely finds me doing well!
I am currently bundled up in a hoodie, sweatpants, and socks 
while still curled in bed!
Yep! I have the day off work! :)
And boy did I need it!
This week has left me completely exhausted!

Grab a cup of coffee and put your feet up
and I'll tell you all about it on today's:

Friday at work, I decided that the children 
should spend the most part of our day outdoors.
As much as I love Fall and Winter,
I hate that my kiddos are cooped up in doors for months on end.
Therefore, I am trying to get them outside as much as possible now
before the weather gets bad.
While we were out there enjoying the sunshine,
I snapped this little gem of my one of my darlings in action:

I've been trying my hand at silhouette photography
and I'm absolutely loving it! :)

Last weekend, my mom went out of town
to see my Uncle for his birthday.
Therefore, I had the house to myself :).
And, let me just say, I partied HARD while she was away!
I spent most of the weekend in her recliner
editing photos and reading.
Hey, it sounds like a party to me! :)

*Sigh* this photo makes me happy :).

As I have mentioned in recent posts,
Autumn marks the beginning of my busiest time of year.
As if to prove that statement,
I found myself physically unable to walk away from work this week.
I've just got so much to do right now
that I couldn't in good conscious put it off.
I put in overtime nearly every time this week!
Then on top of that, Tuesday evening I went straight from work to babysit
(I told you I had an exhausting week!).
Now, this is kind of an interesting fact about me:
I'm kind of a picky eater when it comes to pizza.
I would have to say that Avanti's is my favorite,
but there are other "brands" I will eat as well.
However, for YEARS I have STRONGLY DISLIKED Papa John's pizza.
So imagine my dismay when I arrive to babysit completely starving
and the parents announce that they have ordered Papa John's pizza 
for dinner for the kids and I.
I didn't wish to seem rude so I didn't say anything about my dislike.
After the parents left and pizza arrived,
I, of course, was still starving so I thought,
"Well, I guess I should just suck it up and eat the Papa John's pizza."
So I did.
And guess what?
I LOVED IT!
I don't know if Papa John's has changed their recipe over the years
or if my taste buds have changed,
but that was some of the best pizza I've had in a while! :)

Now, I still think it would've been better with mushrooms,
but hey...it was still great! :)

Wednesday was the First Day of October!
October is DEFINITELY one of my favorite months of the year! :)
And, coincidentally, I was reading a book at the time
that coined the phrase "Merry October".
Well, let me just say that I have latched right on to that! :)
Anyway, I celebrated October first 
by having a Pumpkin Pie Blizzard from Dairy Queen!

Not only was it pretty, but also SCRUMPTIOUS! :)

Also on Wednesday, I privileged to take the photos
of this beautiful little dancer, a.k.a. Lulabelle :).

I adore my Pretty Ballerina! <3

Thursday, I took a trip down memory lane.
A few days before, I had been asked to help out 
as a monitor or teacher's aide at the private school 
I had attended as a child/teenager.
I was more than thrilled to comply!
Walking through those doors was like literally stepping back in time.
Especially when I saw these decorations on the bulletin board:

These funky punkins have been around for decades!
I'm not exaggerating!
And I still love them! :)
Once upon a time, as teenagers my best friend and I 
decorated the classroom using quote bubbles.
We had them saying things like "NLCA Rocks!"
and "God loves the Crazy Ones!" :).
Some of the faces and rules at NLCA have changed
(oh! and the uniforms too! Lucky kids...)
but not much else. It still seems like home :).
I thoroughly enjoyed the experience 
and hope to be able to help out more in the future. :)

How was your week?
Have you ever strongly dislike a certain food for years
and then suddenly found that didn't dislike it anymore?
Have you ever gone back and visited your old high school?
Were some of the same old decorations still around? :)

I would love to hear your stories!

Thank you so much for visiting today!
I hope you come back soon!
Have a Great Weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment