Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday Five-O #34 {It's Been a Bit Dreary this Week...}

Good Morning, Dear Ones!
Happy Friday!
I hope this finds you doing well.

I've got some great things to share with you on today's

A few  years ago, we completely renovated the Sanctuary at church.
Obviously, this was not a cheap endeavor
and, therefore, the church had to take out a loan to pay for the expenses.
Every six months or so, my church does a pizza fundraiser
to help with the cost of said loan payments.
Saturday I, along with my cousins, was privileged to help out
by stacking and counting pepperoni and Canadian bacon slices
(and let me just say,
it was nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get the Canadian bacon smell off my  hands!
I tried two different brands of dish soap,
hand soap, and lemon juice before bleach FINALLY did the trick!).

I seriously doubt anybody could stack pepperoni faster than us! :P

Sunday was the second Sunday of the month.
Therefore, it was my turn to work in the Toddler Class.
For various reasons, we didn't have many students.
And the ones that were in attendance seemed extra tired.

As you can see, it was a bit subdued...

Monday was Columbus Day.
Therefore, Schools were out and the Y was IN! :)
We ran what we refer to as a School's Out Day
which is basically scheduled like a Summer Camp Day
minus the swimming.
It was a wet, chilly October day that forced us to remain indoors.
But we our best to keep the atmosphere light and bright.
We made paper Christopher Columbus ships,
read aloud from Dicken's A Christmas Carol
(hey, I'm in a Christmassy mood thanks to Church Christmas Program plans...),
watched Shrek, and had LOTS of run-around-in-the-gym time :).

And, yes, my darling Louise did attend the school's out day in that outfit.
I told her she just needed multi-colored hair
and she could've passed for an 80's Rock Star! :)

Tuesday and Wednesday I made sure I took a moment in the midst of my business
to just enjoy God's Glorious Autumn Display.
I know a lot of people complain about too much rain,
but I think the dreary day just highlights the beauty of the autumn :).




Don't you agree?

Thursday, I FINALLY updated my bulletin board at Thomas Jefferson.
Really, I can't believe I have let it go this long
without a fall theme!
Seriously! I MUST be slipping!
Anyway, it's done now and I think it turned out pretty good! :)

What do you think? :)

What kind of weather do you expect in the fall where you live?
Is it dreary like here in Central, IL?
Have you finally gotten all of your Autumn Decor up?

I would love to hear your stories!

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Please visit again soon!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment