Thursday, October 30, 2014

Pastor Appreciation FUN! {"The Pastor Song"}

Good Morning, All! I hope this finds you doing well! As I'm sure you are all aware, October is Clergy Appreciation month. Which means it is a BIG Celebration time at my church, the Pentecostals of Peoria. Now, I know how this is going to sound...but I have the greatest Pastoral Staff in the Whole Wide World. And, no, you're not going to change my mind about that...:)

As I have mentioned in previous posts, when there is a celebration of any kind going on at church, I am usually in charge of the children's portion. Our Pastoral Appreciation Service last night was no exception! :) My cousin, Amber, and I were asked to come up with a song for the kids to sing. We looked around and didn't really find what we were looking for. So we decided to write our own...:) and make a slide show to accompany it. I am very proud to present to you: "The Pastor Song".

"The Pastor Song"
Written by:
Steve Kinney, Amber Kinney, and Sarah Dahl





We had SO MUCH FUN writing this song! :) And the kids did a MARVELOUS job performing it last night complete with actions and wearing "cool socks and really sharp ties". (I wish I had a video to share with you! But since I was directing...that would've been hard to accomplish...)

To say that this was the only fun that was had during the Pastoral Appreciation Service at the Pentecostals of Peoria would be VASTLY untrue! When driving onto the church grounds, the Pastoral Team was met by the congregation lining the driveway with cheers, glow-sticks and lit-up cell phones! A hysterical video was shown, person testimonies were given, and SCRUMPTIOUS Pie-Oh-My Buffet was shared by all! :)

How did you celebration Clergy Appreciation Month at your church?
Have you ever been called upon to write a song?
What was that experience like?

I would LOVE to hear your stories!

Thank you so much for visiting today!
I hope you come back really soon!

I LOVE MY PASTORS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment