Friday, September 13, 2013

A Grandparent's Day Kids' Craft Tutorial {"Owl" Always Love You}

Good Evening, Everyone!
Yes, I realize that it is EXTREMELY odd 
for me to posting more than once in a single day.
What can I say?
I've had a CRAZY couple of weeks
and therefore LOTS to share with you all
and I have time at the moment to post! :)

As I mentioned in today's earlier post,
I always MAKE something for my Papa and Grandma
in honor of Grandparent's Day.
I wanted to do the same thing with my TJ kids.
(Here's a hint: Grandparent's LOVE homemade gifts!)

I decided to have the children make
"Owl" Always Love You 
Grandparent's Day Cards.

They were VERY SIMPLE to make!

What you will need:
Variety of colored construction paper
Scissors
Glue
Pencil/Pen
Markers/Crayons

Instructions:
 I let the kids chose whatever color of construction paper they wanted.
I folded the construction paper in half
to form a card and then I drew a simple owl template on the front.

Next, I had the kids tear up pieces of brown construction paper
and glue them to the owl template.
Cutting the paper would be fine too,
I just personally like the uneven "ruffled feathers" look. :)


















Then I had the kids cut out eyes, beaks, and feet
from construction paper.
I even helped some of the kids put glasses on their owls. :)
 

And, no, you are NOT hallucinating...
some of those owls DO INDEED have swords.
The kids informed me that
these were NINJA OWLS.
I just went along with it.
Finally, we wrote the message on the inside of the cards.

Some of the kids changed the message a bit
to reflect their own personal styles.
I LOVE THEIR CREATIVITY! :)

Thank you for viewing our craft!
I hope you enjoy making them as much as we did!

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment