Thursday, September 12, 2013

Getting to Know My New Kiddos {From the Inside Out}

Good Evening, Everyone!
I hope you all had a good day
doing whatever it is that you do all day long :). 
Personally, I had a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG day
and I am feeling completely worn out.
But I wanted to take a moment 
and share a special craft that I did with the kiddos
at Thomas Jefferson a few weeks ago.
(Sorry, I'm so late posting this...it has been a CRAZY couple of weeks!)

I wanted to start the year off right at TJ
by getting to know my kids.
Getting to know new people is difficult,
but kids make it pretty easy 
in that they will flat out tell you what their likes and dislikes are.
But instead of simply asking them about themselves,
I decided to make a little craft out of it
(Pinterest inspired OF COURSE!).

I let the kids choose whatever color construction paper they wanted.
I traced a Heart Template on to the paper.
I then instructed the children to draw "puzzle pieces" in their heart.
Inside each puzzle piece they were to draw something they loved
and then add lots of pretty colors to their drawings.
To finish, I had the kids cut out their hearts 
and then glue them to a large 11X17 piece of construction paper
to which we added the words: 
"Getting to Know (Child's Name)'s Heart...
From the Inside Out!"

They turned out GREAT!!!!
See for yourself! :)








I LOVE MY KIDS' CREATIVITY!!!! <3<3<3<3

Thank you for viewing!
Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment