Monday, September 23, 2013

Children's Book Review {Happy Fall!}

Okay, I know it may seem weird that I'm jumping 
from a Boudair Photo Shoot to a Children's Book Review.
 But hey, this blog isn't titled "A Roller-Coaster Life" for nothing...
When I say that life throws MAJOR TWISTS AND TURNS at me,
I MEAN IT!

Anyway, on to the review...

As I've mentioned numerous times, 
I currently work at split shift for the Greater Peoria Family YMCA.
I spend five hours of the day as a Y-Achievement (Before & After Care) Educator
at Thomas Jefferson Primary School.
The other three hours of the day,
I spend in the office at the YMCA doing the job of an administrative assistant
to the Director of Youth and Family Services.
I know I've said it before,
but I LOVE MY SPLIT SHIFT!
I love that I get to spend sometime with my kids
and sometime in my office.
I feel like the change of pace keeps me from burning out.

One of my favorite pass times when I'm at the school
is reading to my little people.
I make trips to the Public Library at least once a week
to get new books to read to them.
Lately we've been focusing on Autumn Themed books.
'Cause as we all know...
I'M JUST A FALL KINDA GIRL! <3<3<3<3

These first few books are very easy reads!
In fact, I had my younger kids (kindergarten and first grade)
read them to me! :)
"I See Fall" by Charles Ghinga
"The Leaves on the Trees" by Thom Wiley
"Let It Fall" by Maryann Cocca-Leffler

The next three books had bigger words
so I had to do the reading,
but the kids LOVED them
and the illustrations were adorable!

"Squirrel's Fall Search" by Anita Loughrey & Daniel Howarth

 "Sneeze, Big Bear, Sneeze!" by Maureen Wright
In reference to the story line,
this one was my favorite!
Very cute!

"By the Light of the Harvest Moon" by Harriet Ziefert
In reference to the illustrations,
this one was my favorite!
GORGEOUS pictures that will make you CRAVE all things autumn! :)

Thank you for viewing my Children's Book Review!
I would love to know what your favorite autumn books for kids are!
Happy Fall, Everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment