Sunday, September 22, 2013

A New Photography Experience {Boudoir}

Ok, I know what you're thinking!
"Seriously!?!?!?!? She took Boudoir pictures?!?!?!?!"
Let me answer that with a resounding, 
"YES, I DID!"

Now, that's not to say that I wasn't nervous about it at first,
of course I was nervous.
I'm ALWAYS nervous before a new photography experience!
And, yes, I wondered a bit about what people would think
of me and my morals if I did a boudoir shoot.
But honestly, it was this Lovely Lady's LOVE STORY that won me over!

She and her husband will be celebrating their 
10th Wedding Anniversary this coming year
and she can FINALLY fit back into her wedding dress 
after having FOUR CHILDREN!
(I think BOTH of those facts are worth celebrating!)

I will be taking more photos of this lady and her family 
in the VERY NEAR FUTURE!
Stay tuned!

Oh, and yes, I do plan on continuing to take Boudoir photos.
I have a criteria in mind that the model will have to meet,
but I don't see anything wrong with a woman 
giving her husband photos of sensual images of herself.
God is the Inventor of Sex
and He created it to be pleasurable for a husband and wife.
If you don't believe me, 
just check out the Song of Solomon in the Bible.
You can find a great article about God's thoughts and opinions on sex here.

The following is just a glimpse of the article 
that I believe directly relates to the usage of boudoir photography in marraige:
"Eric Elder suggests asking a powerful question to help clarify
the battle against sexual temptation:
will this lead to greater intimacy and fruitfulness
with the husband or wife God has created for me?
This filter is helpful for both married people and singles.
If an action doesn't build intimacy or fruitfulness, it probably destroys them."

Ssssoooo, does Boudoir Photography lead to greater intimacy and fruitfulness
with the husband or wife God has created for me?
In this specific case, I would say:
ABSOLUTELY 100% YES!
This Lovely Lady has all the right motives behind her actions
and therefore, I'm proud to say
I'm the photographer behind these beautiful images!






I would love to hear your thoughts on Christians, Sex, and Boudoir photography!


No comments:

Post a Comment