Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What Do I Want? {Can YOU Help Me Out Here????}

Good Afternoon, Lovelies!
For awhile now, I've toyed with the idea of creating a Bucket List on my blog.
(On that note, I think I also need a Bucket List of "To Read" books...
Lord knows I need to find someway to prioritize my darlings...)

I have duel purposes in mind for a Bucket List.
Number 1: Sometimes I don't have a clue what I want,
 and perhaps concentrating on making a list
such as this would help me out a bit.


Literally...there are times in my life
that I have absolutely no idea what I want.
I have conversations with myself about what I want
in an attempt to figure it out.
This includes insignificant things like
"Do I want Chinese or Italian for dinner?"
"I don't know...they both sound good."
"Well, you can't have both. Pick one."
"Well, if I do like Avanti's Italian,
it will probably be cheaper than the Great Wall.
But if I choose Ming Shee, 
then it will be like the same price as Avanti's."
"Just pick one."
"I would probably get more food for my money
if I did Ming Shee."
"Then go to Ming Shee."
"But Avanti's Bread sounds really good right now."
"Then go to Avanti's."
"But Chinese sounds good too!"
"JUST PICK ONE!"
"I don't think I can."
That's when I usually end up going to McDonald's
and eating something I really don't want
simply because it's fast and cheap.
(Seriously, I really do have these conversations in my head all the time...
I'm not making this up.)
Imagine how the conversation about real issues goes...
"I need a new job."
"Yeah, you do. You should check online to what job openings 
there are in the area."
"Okay...WOW! There are a ton!"
*I fill out a dozen or so applications and attach my resume*
"Maybe you will hear something from one or two 
of them in the next few days."
"You really think I could land one of those jobs?"
"Of course. You made sure you had the skills
required for the positions you applied for."
"But what about my YMCA kids?"
"They will be just fine. Someone else will step up to take care of them."
"But that person won't be me."
"No..."
"And what about my office at the Y?"
"What about it?"
"It's totally MY space...I love it.
I don't know if I really want to leave it."
"Then why did you fill out all those applications."
"'Cause I need a new job.
I'm just not sure I'm ready to leave the old one."
"Did you hear what you just said?"
"Yes...I can't make up my mind."
"UNDERSTATEMENT."
 That's when I usually just try to think about something else.
I'll cross the job bridge when I come to it.
For now, I'll just concentrate on the parts
of my job that I love...like getting to Nanny on Thursdays.

Anyway, back to my reason about why I should have a Bucket List...
Number 2: I always enjoy reading other people's Bucket Lists;
I'm interested to see what can become of mine.
I have some serious things I want to accomplish in life,
but I also have some completely frivolous but meaningful
things I long to do.

So, Dear Readers, what do you think?
To make a Bucket List or to not make a Bucket List,
that is the question...

Do you have a Bucket List?
Are you actively working on your Bucket List?
Did it help you to prioritize your wants?
I need some help!


No comments:

Post a Comment