Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday Five-O #15 (June Is Busting Out All Over!)

Good Morning, Loves!
I hope this finds you doing well!

This week's

finds me BUSY!
Like, busier than usual...
The Start of the YMCA Summer Camp is LITERALLY around the corner
(starts 7am Monday morning!)
and I have been racing around trying to make sure I am prepared.
On top of that,
my extended family had a HUGE Family Reunion last weekend
that I was beyond privileged to be a part of.

But let's begin at the beginning...

Friday was the Final Day of the YMCA Before & After Care Program
at our District #150 Schools
(yes, this included Thomas Jefferson).
It was kind of a bittersweet day...
KIND OF...
The Children were extra loud that day 
so I wasn't in tears at their departures by any means,
but I know will miss their hugs and smiling faces.
You know, when I started at Thomas Jefferson last fall,
I wasn't really happy about it.
I was nervous about how the year would go,
but in general I would say it all went fine.
It had some crazy moments that had me pulling my hair out,
but it had some super sweet moments too!

I can honestly say I'm looking forward to returning there in the Fall.

Saturday was the Grant Family Reunion,
and OH! WHAT FUN WAS HAD BY ALL!
Before I go into the Reunion details,
let me explain the Grant connection to my family.
One of my mother's older brothers, Jim, married a Grant girl, Sherry.
So, technically, I am only related to the Grant Family by marriage,
however, I would be lying if I said I didn't consider them my close family.

Look at that GORGEOUS Car-full of Grants! :)
I will be sharing more photos from this AWESOME weekend soon!

Monday saw the beginning of NUTSO Week
(a.k.a. the final week before Summer Camp begins).
To say that I have been running my legs off this week
is not an exaggeration in the least!
For me, this marks the "Official" beginning of Summer.
As if to accentuate this, these lovelies were COVERING my neighbors front lawn.

Tuesday was a particularly lovely day weather-wise.
Perfect for having children outdoors.
And since we are currently running a School's Out Week at the YMCA,
that worked out for us just perfectly! :)

The Clover seems to be taking over Central Illinois right now! :)
All of these wild flowers having me singing,
"June is BUSTING out all over!" :)

Wednesday night I filled in for another Junior Church in the 5-11 year old class.
In addition to teaching a memory verse,
I got to witness (and, of course, photograph) this Bible Story :).

Can't NOBODY say the Bible Story was boring that night! :).
It totally brought up memories of Bible Stories I heard in the past!

How has your week been?
Have you been busy preparing for your Summer activities?
Any wild flowers growing where you live?

I would love to hear your stories!
Thank you so much for visiting!
Please come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment