Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday Five-O #17 {Dinners Out, Celebrations, and Cookouts!...Yep, It Was Father's Day Weekend!}

Good Morning, Everyone!
I hope this finds you ending a good week
and ready for the weekend! :)

As I'm sure you all know, last weekend was Father's Day Weekend
and that is pretty much what is going to be setting the tone
for this weeks:

Friday night when I got home from work,
I found my mom and my Uncle Bob hanging out on my front porch.
Uncle Bob is one of my mom's older brothers.
He used to be the closest one to her geographically,
residing right across the River in East Peoria.
But he has now moved to Arkansas
and is simply visiting Illinois for the weekend.
After giving me a few moments to get cleaned up from work activities,
the three of us bundled into mom's car and headed to Lorena's Mexican restaurant 
for dinner with yet more family :)

We are just One Cool Family...and that's all there is to it! :)

On Saturday, the Father's Day Festivities 
sort of morphed into multiple birthday celebrations.
And where better to celebrate a birthday than a Steakhouse? :)

Especially a Steakhouse where they sing 
"Happy Birthday to You" with Banjo accompaniment! :)

Sunday after church,
we continued the Father's Day Fun with a family cookout.
After tummies had been filled,
we settled in for the backyard fun!

I think we have a "Natural" on our hands!
Look out, T-Ball! Here he comes!

Monday it was back to work with the Little Scribblers!
And we had a birthday!
One of my little loves was turning the Big 5!

And he (or rather his AWESOME Mom) was nice enough
to bring cupcakes to share with everyone!

Wednesday, I FINALLY got to do a photo shoot
that has been in the works for nearly two months!
Due to weather and scheduling conflicts,
we kept having to reschedule,
but we were FINALLY able to do it that evening...
in 90+ degree heat...ugh!
Nevertheless, I'm very happy with how the shoot turned out!

And, I'm proud to say, we finished in about 25 minutes!
Shortest photo shoot I've ever done! :)

How was your week?
How did you celebrate Father's Day with your family?
I would love to hear you stories!

Thank you so much for visiting today!
Please come back soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment