Monday, June 2, 2014

Do You Wanna Go To Day Camp? {I Just Cannot Seem To Get Away From "Frozen"}

Good Afternoon, Friends!
I hope this finds you all doing well!

I have discussed my job in some detail in previous posts.
Therefore, you know, one of my favorite things about my job
is that it is a split shift 
and I am able to have an early afternoon nap on some days.
(Seriously, during the summer in Okinawa, Japan,
businesses shut down their office buildings for an hour after lunch
to give their employees a rest time...
WHY DON'T WE HAVE THAT HERE IN THE STATES?!?!?!?!
Anyway...)

Lately, due to Summer Camp barreling towards us at break-neck speed,
I have been working more office hours at the YMCA.
I've been going in around 9am (or sometimes earlier)
and staying til 2pm, then heading over the school in the afternoons.
I'm really okay with this.
I enjoy working "behind the scenes" on Summer Camp stuff,
except for one thing...
this schedule change does NOT allow for nap time!
And I'm more than a little bitter about that!

I'm actually a very routine oriented kind of girl.
I like to know what my schedule looks like days in advance.
I would say that in general, I am a spontaneous person
(actually, when I was in high school,
a mutual friend referred to me as Spontaneous Sarah).
However, if that spontaneity interrupts my well-thought-out schedule,
I'm inclined to resist it
(that's kind of an oxy-moronic statement, isn't it?).

As I've already said,
I actually don't mind spending more time in the office
working on the Summer Camp curriculum,
but I don't like that it has interrupted my usual routine.
I guess you could say I'm a little bit OCD
(I realize this probably comes as a HUGE shock to all of you!).
I like my routine!
Seriously!
But I am doing my best to flexible for the time being.

With all that being said,
I have an interesting work-related story to share with you...
I don't know what you guys do at work,
but here at the YMCA,
you never really know what is going to be asked of you.
A few weeks ago spent a good portion of my day
re-writing the lyrics to "Do You Wanna Build A Snowman"
so that it could be an advertisement for the YMCA Day Camp.
Seriously...
(As I've stated in another post,
I'm all FROZEN-ed Out!
I'm very tired of that movie and the songs
and here my boss asks me to re-write the lyrics
to turn it into an advertisement.
*sigh*
I just can't seem to get away from that movie...
But again, in an attempt to be flexible,
I sucked it up and tried to have some fun with it.
Here's what I changed it to:
"Do You Wanna Go To Day Camp?"

Do you wanna go to Day Camp?
Come on let's go and play!
We'll spend the whole day outdoors
Come to the Y
There's so much to see and do!
We used to just sit at home
but now we don't!
I'm excited to tell you why!
Do you wanna go to Day Camp?
It's an everyday Day Camp!

We're going to Riverplex!
Ok, bye!

Do you wanna go to Day Camp?
And take a plunge into the pool?
I think some fun is overdue!
I want to hike on all the hiking trails!
Bring your bug spray!
I get a little sleepy
after all this fun
The hours just fly right by!
Do you wanna go to Day Camp?

Please, I know you're in there
People are wondering if you're sick
They say, "She has to be"
and I'm wondering too
The Y is open to you
Just come on in
We only have the Summer
its just 3 months
How can we let it slip by?
Do you wanna go to Day Camp?

Top that! ;)
Sing it with me now!

Have you ever been asked to do something like this at your job?
Are you a schedule-oriented person
or do you thrive on spontaneity?
I would love to hear your stories!

Thank you so much for stopping by!
I hope to see you again soon!
Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment