Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Five-O #44 {Hello, February...}

Good Morning, Everyone!
I hope this finds you doing well.

Let me begin this post by saying,
"WOOHOO! We made it through January!"
As I've mentioned before, 
January is my least favorite month of the year.
I get depressed (and usually sick) in January.
And this year was no exception...
BUT...I'm happy to report,

The last week of January was rough...
mostly because I was finishing up a week-long viral sickness...
but all in all, it wasn't terrible.
Come along with me
and I'll tell you all about it on today's:

Saturday was wet and dreary
and I was still feeling pretty yucky,
but my cousins and I still got out
to take some final maternity photos
(the little bundle of joy arrived on the following Wednesday!).
Honestly, at first it seemed like everything was against us.
Our original plan to do photos
in the "new" nursery didn't work out,
so we were forced to brave the blustery, drizzly February weather.
Upon arrival at our photo shoot location,
we discovered we didn't have all the props that we needed.
Daddy was promptly sent to retrieve the forgotten items
while Mommy, the kids, and I shot the photos we were able to
(with multiple breaks to warm up in the car).
Upon Daddy's return,
we finished up as quickly as possible
and I am very happy to say,
the photos turned out GREAT!

What do you think?

Sunday was an all-around Snow Day!
Hello, February! :)
Church was cancelled and I didn't budge from my house
until after 7pm and that was only to dig out my car
for work the next day.
The snow truly was glorious
and I happily snapped photos from my bedroom window :).

I told you I didn't budge from my house until after 7pm...

I was really hoping for another Snow Day on Monday
complete with school cancellations,
but, unfortunately, that didn't happen.
So off to work to work I went at 6:10 Monday morning,
not completely sure I was going to make it up the street
(we hadn't gotten a snow plow yet...).
But I made it safely to Thomas Jefferson
and to the YMCA after that.
On my way to the YMCA,
I made a pit stop at the Lakeview Library
to return some of the little children's books,
and HAD to take a moment to capture the following photos.

As I've mentioned before,
the Snow was GLORIOUS! :)

Tuesday was...kind of weird.
First of all, I had the worst case of nausea of my life.
(Which then repeated itself the next morning too...
yeah...its not morning sickness...
physically IMPOSSIBLE.)
Then it was just like the whole day was an emotional roller-coaster.
I had this very sweet moment while nannying:

But then a very high-stress afternoon at work...
and this time, it wasn't really the kiddos
giving me high blood pressure.
Upon arrival at home that evening,
I had dinner with mom and helped her clean up the kitchen,
and decided to just call it a night.
But I just couldn't relax...
or rather, the spinning of my mind wouldn't LET me relax.
I ended up sleeping fitfully.
Not how I wanted to go into "Marathon Wednesday".

And believe me! Wednesday was a Marathon!
It was little one crazy thing after another.
But it ended on a Wonderful Note!
The Arrival of Mr. Findley DePinto into the World.

Isn't he beautiful?!

How was your week?
Have you had any new arrivals in your family lately?
I would love to hear your stories!

Thank you so much for visiting today!
I hope you come back soon!