Friday, April 25, 2014

I'm all "FROZEN"ED OUT! {Maybe I should just "Let It Go"}

I don't know about the rest of you,
but I'm so sick of "Frozen" I could puke!

Okay,  maybe that was a little harsh.
But every single time I log onto Pinterest,
SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE is throwing a "Frozen" party
or movie night, or SOMETHING.
And that person has LOTS of fun "Frozen" crafts,
snacks, and decorations to share with the world.
Let me just say this now:
I. am. NOT. going to make. ANY. "Frozen". paraphernalia. anytime soon!
And, as if that wasn't enough,
 I work with children, remember?
All I hear EVERY DAY, ALL DAY LONG is:

"LET IT GO! LET IT GO!
Can't hold it back anymore!
Let it go! Let it go!
Turn my back and slam the door.
And here I stand and here I'll stay.
Let it go. Let it go.
The cold never bothered me anyway."

(See, I even know all the words.)
Oh, and let's not forget:

"DO YOU WANNA BUILD A SNOWMAN?"

I'm being VERY nice when I say 
that the children aren't all that musically inclined.
"Monotone" is the word that comes to mind.

Now, I don't want you to think that I'm completely bashing "Frozen"
(or my little darlings' singing voices),
because I'm not.
I've seen the movie multiple times and I like it.
I'm just not sure what all of the fuss was about.

Maybe it's just me, but it seemed that this movie
was promoted, Promoted, PROMOTED!
Practically everywhere I went people were talking 
about the new Disney movie "Frozen" that was coming out!
I saw TONS of promotional material.
Like WAY more than for "Wreck-It Ralph" for example.

As I said, I like "Frozen".
I think it's a cute a movie that people of all ages will enjoy.
The song "Let It Go" is very moving
and I love hearing Demi Lovato belt it out.

Plus I totally was NOT expecting the twist ending!
(I'm not going to spoil it for those who've never seen the film...
if there are any of those people left in the world...)
But in my personal, humble opinion,
it didn't quite live up to the hype.
I don't know exactly what I was expecting,
but it was something BIGGER.

All this being said,
I'm probably making too big of a deal about it.
I should probably just "Let It Go"...
(pun intended) #punny
Aaaannnndddd...I recently discovered this video
and it inspired some nicer feelings within in me for "Frozen". 
I'ts so awesome I just HAD to share it!
THIS GUY HAS SOME CA-RAZY TALENT!

Isn't the dude AMAZING?!?!?!?!

(So I fully realize that this kind of post is TOTALLY out of the ordinary for me.
But it seems that every blogger I follow has made a post about "Frozen"
and I guess I was feeling a little left out...)

Anyone wanna watch "Frozen" with me? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment