Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Five-O #7 {Had a Rockin' Artsy Weekend!}

Hey There!
Happy Friday!
I hope this finds you having enjoyed the week
and looking forward to the weekend.

I'm here today to share with you another

Last weekend was an ARTFUL weekend.
Lots of culinary arts and photography :).
Friday evening, I took another cousin out shooting
(remember last week when I took my cousin McKenzie?
You can read more about that here).
Even though it was REALLY cold
(as in like nearly freezing),
we had lots of fun and she got some great shots!
(Again, I'm going to let her share her own work.)

Look at her all cute and stylish!
I reminded her that she was the photographer
not the model...;P.

Saturday, my friend, Jessica and I attempted another new recipe:
Egg Drop Soup.
We actually attempted this twice.
The first time, I had forgotten to pick up soy sauce
while at the grocery store,
so we just made the soup without it.
But we decided to pick some up before we made the second batch.
I have to say that while the second batch was different from the first,
I really don't think it was any better.
Both batches were SCRUMPTIOUS! :)

The soup was different from Egg Drop Soup that I get at Take-Out restaurants
but still YUMMY TO MY TUMMY! :)

Sunday, I played with rocks...A LOT!
I realize this may seem like an odd statement to make
but I have been a bit of a wanna-be geologist since I was a little kid
(seriously...my  mom tells me stories of taking me for walks in the stroller
and I would insist every time that I have a rock to hold in each hand
before we could leave the driveway).
Anyway, Sunday I scheduled to work in the 2-3 year old class at church.
It was such a beautiful day that we decided to take the kiddos out to the playground for a while.
Out there, we discovered this Rock Pile:

The children naturally went crazy
and I spent an excessive amount of time
reminding them not to throw rocks at one another.
However, I then spent an exorbitant amount of time
photographing the rocks in various fashions :)
(its just what I do...).

And then, as if that weren't enough, I went back at sunset
so my cousin could photograph them too!

All in all, you could say that Sunday
flat-out ROCKED! ;P

Monday I got to have a lunch date with one of my oldest friends.
Alisha and I have lived in neighboring towns most of our life
(until she left me for four years to go to Bible School in Indianapolis).
We went on youth trips together
and I was a bridesmaid in her wedding nearly three years ago.
Lately (meaning the last year or so),
it has been difficult to get together due to conflicting schedules
(Alisha works third shift and I work first,
Alisha has a husband and several furry children,
I have my schooling and photography side jobs).
But in this case, we simply decided we HAD to have lunch!
That it had just been too long since we had chatted face-to-face!
So we made it happen! :)
We had a SCRUMPTIOUS lunch at Chili's
followed by YUMMY dessert at Starbucks!
I love this girl with all my heart!

This girl and I prove the statement:
Old Friends are Best. 

Thursday evening was POP Ladies Coffee Night at Panera Bread Company.
For those of you who know me,
I LOVE Panera (or bread in general)
and, of course, I ADORE Coffee.
So this Ladies Night was a Win-Win! :)

A fun time of fellowship was had by all! :)

How has your week been?
I'd love to hear about it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Please visit again next week for another


No comments:

Post a Comment