Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hello, My Name is Sarah and I'm a NerdGirl {Book Review - The Fault In Our Stars}

I joined a Virtual Book Club!
AND I'M ECSTATIC ABOUT IT!!!!

I have loved reading since I was a child

and -- apart from the crazy college years
when the only books I got to read were textbooks --
have always hunted for great new books to read.
I also like to discuss the books I have read
with people who have read them as well.

Apparently, I am not alone in this
since I have discovered a virtual book club:
The Blissful Bookworms.
(via)

I am beyond excited to have a group of ladies
that I can discuss my reading adventures with!
For the month of May our book "assignment" is:
The Fault In Our Stars.
(via)

*SWOON*

I'm sure you now realize that I have already read
The Fault In Our Stars
(did the *SWOON* give it away?)
and, of course, both LOVED and HATED it.
(Isn't that an earmark of a good book?
You can't decide if you love it or hate it,
you just know you HAVE to read again?)

Don't worry, I'm not going to spoil the story
for those of you who haven't read it.
That would take all the fun out of it!

I will say that
The Fault In Our Stars
was one of the most gripping tales I've read in my life.
I simply was NOT able to put it down.
If I recall correctly,
I read it cover to cover in less than 48 hrs
(and in my CRAZY Roller-Coaster Life,
that is just about unheard of!).

It is sometimes difficult for me to read stories about terminal illness.
Not because of any personal experience I have with it,
but simply because I hate the thought of knowing
that a person is going to die
and there is nothing that can be done about it.
Personally, I want to die quickly and suddenly
or peacefully in my sleep from old age.
The Fault In Our Stars
brings its readers face-to-face with mortality
and the loss of young life.
At the same time,
it is an amazing love story that I still haven't recovered from.

If you are anything like me,
you will both ADORE and LOATHE John Green
by the end of the novel.
And then you will web search every other book
he has written and order them online
and devour them the moment they arrive in the mail
(at least that's what I did...).

I leave you with one last comment concerning
The Fault In Our Stars,
have tissues on hand.
Lots and Lots of tissues...
you're going to need them!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment