Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Five-O #12 {A Little Christmas In May}

Hey There!
Happy Friday, Everyone!
I hope you all have had an enjoyable week!
Personally, my week has been good...
had a few normal Roller-Coaster ups and downs,
but nothing serious :).

Last Friday night,
my friend, Jess, and I had the first fire in the new fire pit
complete with friends, hot dogs, and s'mores!
Can you say YUMMY?!?!?!?!

You can find more fun fire photos 
(say that three times fast...) here.

Saturday, I did portraits for this beautiful family:

And then went and photographed
the Minnie Mouse-themed 2nd Birthday Party of Miss Lily Grace!

My darling little camera got a WORKOUT! :)

Monday, I had some very special visitors show up in my office at work.
I was sitting at my desk, minding my own business,
when out of nowhere I heard birds chirping...
for real...I wasn't hallucinating or anything.
We previously have had birds get stuck in our air vents at the Y,
so that's what I thought it was.
But then I realized I was hearing more than one bird,
and was like, "What in the world is going on?"
About that time, there was a knock on my door.
I called out, "Come in!"
My co-worker, Kristina, walked in carrying a large, plastic tub,
which she set on the floor with a dramatic flare
and said, "Look! Our baby chicks have hatched!"

I had completely forgotten about the eggs and incubator that the Y had purchased.
This is something we do nearly every spring
that brings smiles to everyone's faces! :)

Wednesday, I basked in the Spirit of Christmas.
I listened to Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby serenade me with carols,
I (FINALLY) finished editing a Snowy photo shoot,
and I snapped the following photo.
Yeah...I'm one of THOSE PEOPLE...
the ones who do their utmost to keep the Magic alive all year long.
UNASHAMED!

My Instagram followers are already aware of this,
but I absolutely LOVE this style of photography!
I'm not exactly sure what kind of photography it is...
maybe Still Life????
Not really sure, but I love putting random objects together
and attempting to make an artistic photograph out of them! :)

Thursday was a CRAZY day!
Like even more than usual!
In general, I think of Thursdays as my "run-around-like-a-crazy-person" days,
but today was like especially hectic.
But it ended on a DELICIOUS note :).
I decided to make my mom's homemade Chicken Pot Pie.

This was the first time I had made this by myself,
therefore, I am very please to announce:
"It turned out GREAT!" :)

How was your week?
How do you  keep the Christmas Spirit alive all year long?
Did you try any new recipes?

I would love to hear your stories!

Thank you so much for visiting!
Please come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment